The project was to convert an existing two storey building erected in the 1700’s before the British occupation that had undergone many changes of use during its life, into an International Bank, which created several unusual challenges, including the incorporation & display of many historical features, whilst maintaining the requirements of a modern dynamic bank.

The works incorporated all aspects of renovation of a building of this age, including removal of hazardous materials, renewal of timber structural elements, and also the ordeals of incorporating new and innovative building and security concepts, including the installation of a bank vault.

The works were carried out under a Standard JCT contract. In agreement with the design team and client we commenced the works early without full vacant possession of the site to enable an earlier completion date, works were carried out in an accelerated format from the beginning, including over the Christmas period to achieve a timely completion.20141009_130649 20141009_130946 20141009_132932 20141009_141121 20150126_105732 20150126_105747 IMG_7308 IMG_7592