The Parliament sits in a building overlooking Main Street and John Mackintosh Square. It was constructed in 1817 served as the Exchange and Commercial Library. It was then refurbished to host the Legislative Council. The House of Assembly was established in 1969 and existed as such up until 2006, year in which it was renamed the Gibraltar Parliament. In 2013 we were selected to carry out a two stage contract refurbishing the Parliament building. This involved a complete strip out and installation of new flooring, ceilings, offices, two curved parliamentary desks and a very complex electrical and data infrastructure enabling live television recordings to be made direct to GBC.